Monday, December 19, 2016

Snow and Stuff

We got into St. George late on Friday night, and went straight to bed.  The next morning we got up bright and early to head up the mountain.  It was a beautiful drive.






DP wanted to take the kids tubing.  I didn't even know what that was, but got a pass to try it out anyway.  And I'm so glad I did, it was amazing!




Claire loved it too.  She had to sit in the inner-tube and get pushed down.  Her dad took her the first time and I waited at the bottom, and before the thing even slowed down she was screaming, "I want to go again!"  She's completely fearless.

They had a conveyor belt to take you up the little mountain.  I kept telling the kids, "You know, in the olden days we had to carry our sleds up the hill ourselves..."  They just roll their eyes at me.  Kids have it so good these days.


After we were done tubing, we went for a beer in the lodge, then I took the kids back to the condo for the rest of the day and DP stayed back to ski.  The kids played quietly (they were exhausted) and I made a nice dinner of penne Alfredo, garlic bread, and Caesar salad.


The kids are so happy just hanging out in the hotel, so I didn't worry about them.  They had their own room with a giant walk-in closet that they set up all their doll crap.  I swear their dolls have more clothes and stuff that them.  Anyway, we woke up the next morning and after breakfast, headed back to Las Vegas.  It's only about a 2-hour drive so we had all Sunday to relax.  I definitely want to go back to St. George though, it's probably the nicest place I've ever stayed.  Drinking coffee on our balcony with this view is what did it for me.  The ski resort and snow activities were just a bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment