Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas Week

I set my alarm for 4 am to put Lea Clark, the doll that Santa was bringing for Claire, under the tree.  Sometimes she gets up in the middle of the night to come to our room and I didn't want her to see it coming down the hall.  Lucky, because that's exactly what she had done.  When I woke back up in the morning, I turned on the Christmas tree lights and ate/crumbled up the cookies left out for Santa, then woke up the girls.  The two older ones were dragging, and in the midst of the building excitement, Claire came and whispered in my ear that she just knew Santa had brought her the AG doll she asked him for.





The girls opened their presents from us, and their joint presents of games and nail polish, and the presents their aunties and uncles had sent from Vancouver, and the doll stuff Mike had bought for each of them.  It was thrilling.  So much so, I skipped church.  I couldn't imagine telling Claire she would have to wait 2 hours until I come home to do this.  Then we immediately went to my in-laws so the kids could open presents there, and then to my parents' house so I could eat brunch and the kids could jump on their new trampoline.



The girls knew I had the entire week off, so they came home with us and never left.  DP was hurting so he was home too.  It was a full house, and a mess of torn wrapping paper, packaging, and gifts, but we laid around, watched a lot of Netflix, and didn't care.  We ate junk and then I ran it off the next morning, then starting drinking wine after lunch.  And the kids jumped on the trampoline every single day.  It was fantastic.  One night after I went to bed, the girls picked up the house and I rewarded them the next morning with Starbucks.  Gigi and Fiori always get frappuccinos and Claire gets the breakfast sandwich.



It was a nice 11 days and I was sad it had to end, but I'm excited for what 2017 has to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment